A long journey comes to an end. We’re so proud to present you First Strike from today until doomsday.
Firstly, congratulations, good job man! I have played this game! Very interesting and nice strategy game! Some suggestion for u in the future version
1. Could u add Chinese version
2. Could u add speed shifter to speed up the gaming process
3. This version is not stable enough, my iPad mini with ios7 can’t not enter the game priviously, and trying after numerous times , it’s done
Will you release this awesome game to iPhones also? Should i wait for it on small mobile devices?
With the release 1.0.2 we only support tablets, because the game needs some tweaks to be fun on these small screens. more will follow.
Thanks, will be waiting release for small devices. Hope it will be soon.
Great visual design and interface for First Strike, but I was really disappointed to lose a game 30 minutes into when I merely closed my iPad. The game should save state when suspended, and resume. The fact that you can lose a game when you switch to another app is a horrible design failing.
I’ll hold off on posting this issue in the App Store review, but it’s a huge defect on what looks to be a fun game.
That’s a bit weird. Do you maybe quit the app or it gets quited automatically? Because if you pause your session and leave the app after it, you should come back and continue your paused session.
I paused the game. Then I closed the cover. When I came back, the game returned to the initial splash/load screen, and my game was gone. There was only the main menu with “Start Game”
Just tested this without pausing the game. The game is not saved. How to replicate:
1. Start game.
2. Go to home.
3. Launch another “large” app that will cause First Strike to be removed from memory.
4. Relaunch First Strike
I’m playing this on an iPad with iOS 7.1. Does the game have explicit code to serialize the game state when sent to background?
Alright, the removing from memory is the problem. That don’t work right now, thanks for that feedback, we’re keeping an eye on that.
Same issue there, this app should contain some program code to reload from last point (in my fights it takes 1 hour to solve the appocalypse :D)
I looked at the console while using the app, and First Strike must be using memory very poorly. The log is spammed with endless “Received Memory Warnings” and when I switch out of the app, this was logged:
(UIKitApplication:ch.feinheit.games.firststrike[0x353d]) : (UIKitApplication:ch.feinheit.games.firststrike[0x353d]) Exited: Killed: 9
backboardd : Application ‘UIKitApplication:ch.feinheit.games.firststrike[0x353d]‘ exited abnormally with signal 9: Killed: 9
Minion Rush, a very demanding game graphically, doesn’t run into this level of memory warning usage on the same device.
If you need more details, or want the log, contact me.
there’s an update 1.0.3 on the way which should solve this problem.
If I buy it now for the ipad and later on you release a iPhone version would I have to buy that as well to play on my iPhone or will it be the same app?
it will be the same app of course.
great game, I hope new features will be added soon (this is baby, so lets go), my suggestions:
- Add ability to save / load game (when exiting and closing game)
- Add Multiplayer using iOS gamming features (ohw, it will be great fun to play this w/ my friends!) – I really want that! :))
- Add achivements
- Add diplomacy solutions with other superpowers (or add radar sharing when using multiplayer)
- Add more types of nuclear bombs (nuclear submarines parked near other nations will be perfect)
- Add some story features (like actual Russia vs UKR :D)
- Add more researchs things (or level up, like ability to research double silos in one country)
- Add alarm when someone will launch a missile
- Fix some bugs (sometimes rockets fly through mother earth)
- ADD 1) what about ability to select what type off missile to use? (chose between destructive force)
- ADD 2) better quality of music and sounds (I use the headphones and hear some crackling or low quality detonations)
- ADD 3) what about more music types? I play long games (like 40+ minutes)
thnx for these inputs. we’ll keep it in our minds for our future plans
Hey I’ve played through the whole thing, and it says I’m only 85% unlocked. What’s the secret to getting the rest?
I just want to know how to unlock all nations, because I am come from China, but I do not know how to unlock my own country in the game, could you tell me how ?
you have to win with the starting nations for example two times and then you’ll unlock new nations, one of them is china after a few sessions.
I have some suggestions that would make this game even better!
1. Multiplayer: If you could add a a way to play with friends or random people, it would be so much fun!
2. Alliances: Maybe you could add a feature where you could team up with other superpowers to rule the world, and it could also fit into multiplayer nicely
3. Weapons: Maybe some different types of weapons, and maybe a navy that could move and fire small missiles, or could launch planes (air craft carriers) that could drop bombs practically anywhere.
Thanks for making an awesome game!
This Game is not Samsung Galaxy S3 compatible. Why?
smartphones will be supported with update 1.1
© 2017 First Strike All Rights Reserved.